New Computer or TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I'll just upgrade my current PC; new case (??), more RAM (1.5GB), large HD (120GB), graphics card (FX5500), and another LightScribe DVD writer. That will be about $500 right there. New processor later, probably.

Also, I'll just buy my parents TV, so they can get an LCD TV, and I can get a TV with GuidePlus+ on it.
http://www.shopping.com/xPF-GE-32GT740

The TV is pretty crappy, and from 2001, but I don't think RCA/GE makes GuidePlus+ anymore, correct me if I'm wrong?

Buying locally is a dumb idea, you pay up to twice as much, and for what? To check if your CRT TV will have dead pixels??

talldude123 said:
That is the dumbest thing i've ever heard.
I'm buying locally, not from a druggy on Ebay

I will never understand you.

Never ever.

I have never had a problem with ebay.

Yea, but who sells on Ebay? Just people trying to scam you. Plus i don't have a credit card yet. I can get one; but is it worth it, other than being able to buy off TD?

The General said:
Buying locally is a dumb idea, you pay up to twice as much, and for what? To check if your CRT TV will have dead pixels??

I would honestly buy a TV from Future Shop over Ebay.

I might buy computer upgrades from Ebay, like memory, HD, or graphics card, since they're light. New monitor will have to be bought locally.

First off, eBay wouldn't have so many people if it was all people trying to scam you. Sure, there are scammers on there, but just like viruses, you have to be a complete idiot jerk off to get taken advantage of. I would be my life that if you find someone selling a TV that has 10000 feedback, they will not scam you and have no intention of scamming you.

Secondly, you act like eBay is the only online store that sells TVs, which is just completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom