errors during startup--bad RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sLevin

Solid State Member
greetings techies!

After i start my computer, when the blue "welcome" screen is up, i get an error message that says

".....0x98e9823c referenced memory could not be read"

(or "written" instead of "read" and the numbers have varied)

Typically the error message heading says "logonui.exe" or "winlogon.exe" application error. I then receive the blue screen of death.

Its done this since i replaced the mobo. I've tried booting with two different memory sticks because I figured i had bad RAM. But no luck with either. Any ideas? Could this be a faulty mobo? Did i miss something in the BIOS setup?

help is appreciated. thanks.

try running in safe mode to see if that works, try resetting the cmos, or try redoin windows

Running in safe mode gave me the same error.

I reset the CMOS, but that didn't seem to change anything. Is there somehting i should be changing in the setup?

I setup XP with my cd. Or tried to. On the 7th or 8th attempt I got as far as selecting a partition and a folder for windows. Then it decided that it couldn't find the "kys.ks" file. (the name was something along those lines) Enter blue screen of death.

Could there a compatibility issue with my mobo? It's an MSI Via P4M800. My RAM is micron pc2100, 266mhz. I thought I looked it over thoroughly before i bought it, but maybe I missed something.

I also noticed that on every 3rd or 4th restart, nothing would display on my monitor and i'd need to restart. Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom