why limewire is not working ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maroon1

Banned
i used to have a dial up connection, but now i switched to cable connection and limewire is not working for me any more.

I use this proxy 192.168.11.1 and this port 8080

can someone help ?

Have you tried to reinstall it?

Have you changed the connection configuartion in Limewires Options.
Change the Connection type and try it without the proxy settings.

Also if you configured the proxy through internet connections in control panel, change it to auto detect (DHCP). Or Uncheck the proxy Box.

yes i tryed every thing, i reinstalled limewire and i tried it without proxy setting but it didn't work.

I don't know if someone configured the proxy through internet connections in control panel, and i don't know how to cange it to auto detect. please can u tell me how ???

does limewire say connected at the bottom? if it dont, go to file, connect, or option connect, or some where along those lines. I have it at home but Im at work now so Im not 100% sure yet but its there

Warez Monster said:
does limewire say connected at the bottom? if it dont, go to file, connect, or option connect, or some where along those lines. I have it at home but Im at work now so Im not 100% sure yet but its there

no it doesn't say that it is connected.

it says "locating peers..." at the bottom when i try to connect, and after about 5 min, it stops

untitlednt6.jpg

I'd probably shut those off when you use limewire. Just to make sure there is no intereference.

gloomer said:
I'd probably shut those off when you use limewire. Just to make sure there is no intereference.

thats nuts lol shutting off a firewall is a no no, and windows firewall is rubbish use comodo or zonealarm basic.

Did you port forward through windows firewall? Have you tried changing ports? Are you using a router?

Ok, I don't use limewire but I was wondering what's with the proxy setting. Is that necessary? Unless limewire is your web browser, then I guess that's what you are trying to do.

And, you need to check with your ISP. It's probably them or your router. If it's a router problem..connect directly to your broadband modem, it'll determine rather it's the ISP or your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom