Internet Protocols

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazerman

Fully Optimized
Hello, I just installed Windows ME and I need to know what protocols I need to install in order for me to connect to a local area network.

Depends on what kind of LAN you have. Basically, TCP/IP is all you need, with it installed you will be ready to setup your newtork.

lazerman said:
Hello, I just installed Windows ME and I need to know what protocols I need to install in order for me to connect to a local area network.

Upgrade from windows ME to windows version 3.1......

(No really, get a better operating system, ME is just garbage)

Also what kind of networking hardware are you using? Direct connection? Routers, switches?

I have a linksys router connected to a d-link switch that is connected to my cable modem. What is this version of windows you are talking about? Is 2000 any good?

2000 and XP are both good, but I don't recommend using Mircosoft's networking wizard thing unless your router tells you to.

Ok... I think my dad has 2000, his work gives him it and it has unlimited installs.

BlazingWolf said:
2000 and XP are both good, but I don't recommend using Mircosoft's networking wizard thing unless your router tells you to.

Dont know why so many people love xp. Its nothing more than windows 2000 with added bugs and a pretty interface. It also is a resource hog compaired to 2k...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom