yay phase change is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
u'll be seeing temps of -47*C, that is the boiling point of R404.
the vapor pressure of r404 is 182.1psi, so your good there.

looks like your not getting taken for the perverbial ride as they say.

Ref: Dept of Defense Haz Mat Info for Cornell U
http://msds.ehs.cornell.edu/msds/msdsdod/a179/m89402.htm

as for exactly how much heat you'll be removing (how cool your chip will be) i'd need to know the mass flow of r404, surface area of your chip, and the amount of heat the chip radiates... i'd also need to figure out the specific heat capacity for r404...

Careful, Phase Change is very dangerous if you don't know what your doing and you screw up.

Congrats for having the dignity to buy somthing like that with a exceptional water-cooling system in your system. I'm sure you will have fun with that stuff :D

Good luck :):D:cool:

Lord AnthraX said:
It will freeze, then crack and explode everywhere and fry his motherboard:p

shhh! we're supposed to tell him how bad of an idea it was after he posts pics! :D

r404 is a blend of r134a, HFC-143A, HFC-125... for the record

straight r134a does not look as promising... at least not at those pressures...

i may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure R134a is typically used at much lower pressures.
the saturation temperature (aka the temperature that it becomes a vapor... aka boiling) at 174psi is about 47*C. at say 27psi, it has a saturation temp of 0*C

man how in the world do you know all this? Or did you get it from wikepedia?lol. Being knowledgable about computers and refridgerant units is pretty widespread

i'm a mechanical engineer... i just graduated last spring.
my capstone was to design a solar powered refrigeration and airconditioning unit so i have alittle experience. most of the info comes from my thermodynamics/fluid mechanics/heat transfer books. you'll prob notice that most of what i write on here has to do w/ watercooling and such. i'm working at an aerospace heat transfer place right now. we make radiators for jet engines, military and civilian. convection heat transfer.

btw, we found that solar powered airconditioning and refigeration is not possible, at least not w/ todays solar cells. i wrote a program to design the system, we never actually built anything cuz the program said it wouldnt work. we were trying to do absortbion refrigeration w/ ammonia and water. i can go into how that works if your interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom