Need Help?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

e40water

Baseband Member
Ive got p4 3.0 ghz / 1 gig of DDR 400 Ram / 160 gig hs, I am having problems with my PC when I boot up, I would turn on my pc, Then it boots up checking the system in its boot up process, Then it asks me to hit my alt crtl delete. Then its supposed to boot up to my desktop, When its loading to get to the desktop when that Icon XP has those little reading bars moving across the screen, Usually it boots up quick, Now its like bogs out in slow mode, Then it just hangs at that icon stage, Then sometimes it will load up to the desktop, Or then sometimes it will just reboot the pc by its self, Then I was playing some music while surfing the net, All of a sudden, Net bogged out and the winamp and music I was play just froze, Then a blue screen popped up Telling me something has shut windows down avoid causing any damage to my pc's componets. I am thinking my BIOS needs to be updated, I am not to sure how to do that, If some one could guide me into the right direction?. And most of the times it will ask me if I would like to start in Safe Mode or Regular windows mode.

Thanks for youre help.

If you have 2 512 sticks of ram try taking one out then the other see if its a ram problem. Also log into safe mode and check the event viewer to access that go to start->run and type eventvwr.

Once open look for any errors in system and application.

The blue screen would indicate a hardware fault most likely also try run check disk in safe mode too, go to my computer right click your c: choose properties. Then on the tab at the top pick tools then check now. Check box the boxes and click start. You will then have to reset your pc and check disk will run watch it for any errors such as indexing entry`s.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom