New Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that ram compatable with this board. I've read about many problems people have had with this board and the ram they boiught for it.

Does anyone have this board or know aobut it? Like or Dislike?

Newegg shows the board is DDR2-800 standard... should work fine imho. Search google or look for the mobo's manufacture support forum and search for ram compatibility.

Hagendogg said:

Tell me what you guys think of that? You all seem to have AMD pc's but it sounds like you guys like Intel. Is this all compatable and should i change out anything? I want to oder VERY soon. Thanks!

I don't like Intel at all but that doesnt change the fact that their latest processors (core 2 duo) blow AMD completely out of the water... With out a trace.
THe buget model Conroe (allendale, whatever) overclocked outperforms AMDs flagship model the FX62, and for your budget you cant even afford the CPU of an FX62 system never mind the rest of the computer.

AMDs for a budget system are fine, but if theres anyway you can stretch to a Core 2 duo then its your only sensible option.

whatever you get, get 2 sticks of RAM otherwise you dual channel will not work properly, and will cause slightly slower preformance. Duo is the way to go, and this is coming from a hardcore AMD user. Trust me you wont regret it. ALSO: get aftermarket cooling for that Duo if you decide on that route. those things can get hot as **** if not kept in check. (the Zalman 9500 is a great air cooling choice. Water cooling can wait till you have more budget. IF you care about it that much)

Even if you are a AMD man get Core 2 Duo... I belive you want more power than just a name... Listen The budget E6300 will kick all the X2's even the 5000+ when overclocked... The core 2 duo can get to 4.0 Ghz with stock cooling... But go Amd if you want but you will regret it when a friend or sum1 gets a core 2 duo system and you see that it kicks butt.... I myself was a AMD man but having demo'ed the Core 2 Duo I have realised that it is alot better than any other CPU...

What makes the Core 2 Duo so fast is the FSB and the Cache... The Fsb of the Core 2 Duo is 1066Mhz and a Cache of 2Mb per core... I belive the X2 you want to get has 512 Kb cache per core... And the E6600, E6700 and X6800 Xtreme has 4Mb cache per core. The prices are significantly better too... Well people have to admit to themself that Intel are the Gaming Cpu manurfactor now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom