$200 Widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Ok.. i have to take a step down from my original plan of getting a $300 widescreen monitor, i recently had some of my money guzzled into a new headphone setup... now i need another monitor

I had a 15in screen so this is going to be a big step for me anyways

I have $200 to spend and i would perfer for it to be an LCD widescreen.

Quicklinks: *Your Welcome ;)*
Newegg's Widescreen Monitors
Tigerdirects Monitors

Thanks,
alexsabree

alexsabree said:
so thats why i have some 60 views and 1 reply :D lol

I am kinda leaning to this one:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824254011

I just dont like the way viewsonic's monitors look

viewsonic's monitors are beast that's why :D. why do you want a widescreen? have you ever owned one before? why not just get a regular monitor. If i were buying a widescreen, i would save my money and get a good one rather then getting a cheap one. remember, you get what you pay for.

I've seen the Hanns G one at my store, we carried it for 2 weeks because it was like $150 after some instant savings. I considered getting it but it didn't look that good. I thought it looked kinda washed out.

I have the Hanns-G 191D (which looks the same as the 192D that you posted a link to but with a different base) and I love it. Widescreen is awesome... much better IMO than a traditional 19inch! I was kinda skeptical at first because I didn't recognize the name... but after reading the reviews on newegg (and seeing the same features offered for $50-$100 less than any other LCD manufacturer) I decided to give it a try... and couldn't be happier.

A word of warning though.
I found it at a local store and bought it there. I ended up spending a little more ($20) but their return policy was much better than newegg. The first one that I got had one "stuck" pixel close to the center of the screen. I took it back and the store gave me a new one which is perfect... no dead or stuck pixels at all. Newegg, on the other hand, says that a LCD has to have 8 dead pixels before you can exchange it... 8...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom