Not open for further replies.

objecterror

Daemon Poster
My current setup running on a 500w.

AMD Athlon 64 4000
1 Gig of Corsair Ram
7600 GT Nvidia Card
DVD R+RW Drive
250 Gig Western Digital Hard Drive @ 7200rpms.

I've got an aspire case, you know, the one thats a mid tower with the 500w supply built into it. Right now everything is running fine, the fan speed controller on the front gets all my fans running nicely, but will a larger power supply run my fans any faster then they are now? btw, i have 4 80mm and 1 120mm. any suggestions on better fans then the ones i have for stock right now? the glow doesn't matter much to me.
Thanks guys.

If the current Power supply is running and there are no voltage/amperage problems then theres no reason to buy a new Power supply.( I would have reccomended a different one but since you already have it,no reason to throw it out unless theres a problem)

Use a DMM (Digital Multimeter) to test the Power supply while its on. If you are unsure how to use a DMM then ask or google for instructions.

So basically if its running everything now then it should be fine. (Not Exactly answering your question)

No, the fans won't spin faster UNLESS the current powersupply is delivering insufficient voltages.

For fans, look for ball bearings (not sleeve bearings). Look for high CFM, but low dba. CFM is the amount of airflow moved, and dba is the decibal rating. Something like 70 - 80CFM, and 20 - 30dba would be good.

Thermaltake makes good fans, Antec makes good fans, but really - a fan is a fan lol.

Silverstone fans also seem to be a little better balenced. Yeah theres no point in buying a new power supply unless you like your hardware or something weird like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom