CPU or GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Hey guys....and gals.....Currently I have an AMD 3700 SanDiego and Asus 6800GT.
If you could, which would you upgrade and why? I am looking at buying another VGU to run SLI because I would not have use for the extra processor. What do you think?:D

Upgrading on S939 sounds like a bad idea to me, but I'm not sure having 2 6800GTs is that good of an idea. I mean, they will be outdated pretty soon, I think it would be a better idea to get a new video card, whether it's the new g80s and R600s or the x1k and 7 series..

errrr...not exactly what I hoped for...but most likely tru none the less. Tell you the truth...I just built this system in December 05....and I really only use it for moderate work and BF2.

indeed that does make sense. However, thus far, it seems to make more sense that since I just bought the amd 3700 8 months ago, it would be waisted if I bought the dual core. Unless I provisioned to buy another comp for my kids. (which would be down the road)....so, I should most likely just stay put?
Don't get me wrong....I love BF2 and play it alot...and i am new to it still.....almost a 1st leutenant....but thought my graphics performance could use a boost. I might be just thinking I need something and really dont....lol. :(

It would work out better to sell the 6800 and buy a single and better card...get something like a 7600Gt or 7800Gs :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom