Biomechanical

Solid State Member
I just bought a new system and built it myself. It has:

Core2duo 6600
2 GB ram
Geforce 7950 GPU
250gb HD 7200 rpm.
ASUS P5B mobo.

However, When I go to start it up, the mobo splash comes up, and then it just sits with a black empty screen for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before windows starts loading. I'm not quite understanding what the problem is. I read about it online, and the only assistance I was offered was that I should remove the old integrated video drivers from my mobo as it might have been causing a conflict. I really don't see how this could be, since i think my mobo doesn't have any old video drivers, there was no integrated video and there wasnt even a monitor port ON the mobo. Also, when I play games (not online) They are still rather laggy. Does anybody have any ideas?

P.S. I have already done the following.
-Flashed my BIOS to the latest version that supports dual cores.
-Installed all the driver software that came with my hardware.

I think I have this problem solved :D . Well, possibly.

After re-checking my HD, I just discovered that I had attached BOTH the SATA power cable AND the regular molex power cable.

Can an SATA HD run with molex power going in?
Would I be better off using the SATA power and cord, or going with the normal PSU molex and an IDE?

You probally damaged the HDD if you used both power in-puts. It tells you to only use one like 5 different ways, so it's probally not a good thing to use both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom