<1500 Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to include an operating system in the list.

That system ought to last you a while.

Hey guys youve all been a great help so far, especially you aliasaid :). I should be ordering the parts within the week if all goes as planned.
I only have two more questions. I noticed my Cd/Dvd player was oem as well as my hard drive.

From what I gathered this means nothing comes with it including software, cables, instructions, screws.

Being this is my first comp built what should I buy along with these parts to make sure they work?

For the hard drive would this cable suffice? : http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16812104150

As for the cd/dvd im lost on what kind of cables i need. Someone was saying an audio cable to make sure the dvd's had sound but what beyond that? If yall could provide links to these I would greatly appreciate it. Or are these cables something I could purchase from a BestBuy?

What about dvd burning software? what good would a burner be without the means to do so? It said there is no software so what do you guys suggest I get?

Thanks

all the cables you need for your hard drive and dvd writer come with your motherboard. here's a pic from newegg:

13-128-012-05.JPG

as for burning software, i don't burn much so i don't have very much experience...

if you get a burner, you will probably get a copy of nero... and for my tastes, the program works really well and is very user friendly

Are you planning on overclocking? Because if you aren't, then you could save a bit of money by getting different RAM (the RAM you chose is basically the best DDR2-800 for overclocking :p) and you could use that money to bump the X1950XTX up to a 7950GX2.

Check it out, the eVGA (brand of choice! :p) is only $494, compared to the X1950XTX which is $419. For $75 more you get wayy better performance.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814130023

And for RAM, this will perform just as well if you don't plan on overclocking, and even if you are overclocking it will still perform well.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820231098

I plan on overclocking slightly I guess. I believe these parts will run everything I wanna do on my comp to the max even without the oc'ing. So in that case maybe lower ram would be better.
Im still debating on whether or not I should even oc but if i do I will oc as much as I can without pushing the limit to hard.

Does anyone else think this is a good suggestion or was the setup fine the way it was? would the cheaper ram do just as well for me? is the more expensive vid card the way to go here?

You would benefit more from getting a better video card than you would by overclocking. If I were you I'd get the other ram I posted, and get an 7950GX2 instead of the X1950XTX.

And then even if you wanted to overclock slightly, you'd still be able to get to probably 3.2Ghz with that ram, so it's no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom