waterblock helpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
im trying to put together my thermaltake big water cooling system and the screws they gave me dont match my motherboard (dfi lanparty nf4)
so its not screwed down but the cpu water block stays on the cpu cause of the grease i applied on to it. it moves around on the cpu tho and wont stay still unless i screw it down.

what should i do? is it ok without screwing it down?

i would not use it till it is fastened... thermal grease is supposed to be very thin... it needs to be pressed.

The thermal paste needs to re applied if you have lifted it.

Not sure what you are saying. Any chance of a pic of the front and the back of the motherboard with out the block on?

Trifid said:
The thermal paste needs to re applied if you have lifted it.

Not sure what you are saying. Any chance of a pic of the front and the back of the motherboard with out the block on?

could do the front cant really do the back without removing everything

Ah, I would have put the waterblock on out of the PC. Is it the same water block as the Big Water 2?

So, have you put the back plate on? And then put the screws through the backplate and the motherboard? and then waterblock and plate ontop of that? But you can't because there isn't a hole at the top and bottom of the CPU slot?

All motherboards have a backplate that is designed for the stock cooler or non heatpipe ones that use a clip system.

Looking at the picture from the other thread you have the same water block as me. The back plate that comes with the motherboard isn't the one you use with the water block. You need to take out the motherboard and remove the original one and replace it with the water blocks back plate. While the motherboard is out it is easier to add the waterblock - but this can't be done without draining the system. :(

son of a bish ill just figure out a way to hold in down in place im not in the mood to remove everything and drain everything.

lol ok well everyone said it was a good starting water cooling kit and this is my first build ever sooo yeah i went for it and i must say it looks pretty kick *** ill just have to see how it performs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom