where does this go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewCents05 said:
my case has these 2 wires that went along with like hddled, reset, pwr sw and theyre called -p led and +p led where do i plug these into?

Read your motherboard manual. Those are connectors for the power switch, reset and hard drive light.

They go onto the little pins normally at the bottom of the mobo sometimes colour coded. Check the manual to see how they go.

well i plugged in the hdd led , reset sw and pwr sw but i dont see what these -p led and +p led go into and do i really need these anyway?

step484moae7.jpg

:p:p:p:D:D:D

NewCents05 said:
well i plugged in the hdd led , reset sw and pwr sw but i dont see what these -p led and +p led go into and do i really need these anyway?

i can't think of what those could be for if power reset and hdd are in.... you shouldn't need them in, the only one you really need in is power and reset.. the others aren't necessary, but recommended...

as for the 2 you have left over, i wouldnt worry about those

As in, the PC doesn't even do anything as though you never touched the on button?

Does the PSU turn on if you hotwire it? (Touch and hold the green pin from the 20(24)ping PSU cable with any black one with a paper clip (needs holding together.)

If that works then the cable may be the wrong way round (can't think why it matters but meh)

If not than the mobo is screwed.

apokalipse said:
yes.

all it's there fore is to provide extra power to the motherboard, since the ATX connector does not always provide enough. though it's usually only an issue if you run SLI

That's exactly what it is. If you're not using SLI, they you don't need to use the extra molex on the mobo. ASUS has that on their SLI boards, it's called "EZPLUG".

I don't even use it.

**** ok well i got to power on it just wouldnt work with an extension cable but my water pump is not working. it lights up and but its not pushing any liquid to the cpu so i turn it on and shut it right off after like 30 seconds since its nots really being a heat sink to the cpu. wtf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom