Why is my cpu over heating

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
for some reason my cpu is over heating all of a sudden now. i dont no why it is, i have a stock heatsink and a 40cfm fan on it so there should be enuff air going throught it. why is this happening?

your heat sink could be blocked up with dust, expecially if u smoke by your pc. a can of compressed air will fix that.. maybe getting a bigger fan to replace the one u have there, and also u could try twist tying your cables inside your pc, to save on room which will produce less heat.

i dont smoke at all, i have a full tower with the side pannel removed, the wires arent bunched up, the fan i use pushes out 40cfm of air (loud as a hair dryer), and i cleaned out all the dust from the heatsink. the problem is still there

this problem just started happening, is there any other explaination as to why this is happening? thx for all the help guys and gals.

the heatsink is probabbly not mounted correctly (even though it would look like it is)
you need a good contact between the CPU and the heatsink.
also, arctic silver 5 helps.

also having the side of your case off fools up the circulation of air inside your pc.. so best off keeping the side case on..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom