new build issue - DS3 mobo issue??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mjmitch2

In Runtime
I just bought the equipment to put together a light C2D gaming rig, and have had nothing but problems the last 2 nights ( total of about 8 hrs ) trying to get it to work. everything powers on ok, but no matter what CD-Rom I use, it just will not respond. It could be a bad PSU or Mobo, but I'm just not sure.

Gigabyte DS3 mobo
C2D E6300 w/ Zalman 9500
GeIL DDR2 800 (2x512)
Sapphire X850 XL w/ Arctic Cooler
WD 80GB SataII
WD 250GB SataII
19" Viewsonic LCD
Ultra X2 550 watt ( I know, but it was free)

- tried 3 different CD-Roms, all known working from other PCs, light just stays on and it won't open.
- tried different IDE cables and power cables.
- it doesn't seem to see the monitor either, the light on the monitor stays amber. The monitor works fine with other PCs.

Any ideas? I'm at the point were I'm just too frustrated to think straight anymore!!

all help is greatly appreciated!

Disconnect all none essential parts just have video card and ram then turn your pc on. See if the monitor comes on then.

Also do all the fans spin CPU, PSU etc?

Did you set the jumpers correctly on your dvd drive?

baronvongogo said:
Disconnect all none essential parts just have video card and ram then turn your pc on. See if the monitor comes on then.
I only have the GPU, memory, and 80Gb HD hooked up. should I disconnect the HDD?

[Also do all the fans spin CPU, PSU etc?[/B]
yes, all the fans spin.

[Did you set the jumpers correctly on your dvd drive? [/B]
Yes, I have tried all jumper settings and even tried no jumper at all - still nothing.

ok, I will try that tonight after work.

thanks for the ideas, I will let you know how it goes.

I just done a build with that board and CPU.

Problem one, PSU made it do odd stuff at restart. The PSU was fine, just went weird.

Problem 2, The X1800 in it made it not be able to restart.

Try a different PSU.

Trifid said:
I just done a build with that board and CPU.

Problem one, PSU made it do odd stuff at restart. The PSU was fine, just went weird.

Problem 2, The X1800 in it made it not be able to restart.

Try a different PSU.

Will try that too, thanks Trifid.

Does the DS3 need both the 24-pin ATX power and 4-pin ATX 12V power connector plugged in? I am only using the 24-pin atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom