Overclockers!! Grrrr!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLOODY_BRUM_BAS

Baseband Member
I brought some of my parts for my computer recently from overclockers.

One part was my evga 7900gt ko graphics card, it got deleivered to me at work and then i took it home to start building. When i opened the box i found a capaictor had snapped off and was floating around inside the packaging!!

I rang overclockers and they advised me it was nothing to do with them and i was to ring evga direct, in america on a international number!!! Couldn't get hold of evga so decided to ring back overclockers and explain that im pretty pi@$£d off and that if i drove up to them would they replace it. They said they can't promise but they'll try if i went up.

I drove to their site and luckily without any fuss got a replacement. I got back in my car and checked the gfx card before i drove away, the card was fine but there was a dvi/vga converter missing, i presumed evga hadn't put the extra one in and was happy with that as I only wanted one and was fed up by this point.

Once I got home and started to build my pc i noticed that the end of the box that i hadn't opened had already been opened and the sticker put back over, the stickers were missing from the manual, theprotective film had been took off the gfx card and then i found the ripped bag that the connector had been in!!

Now i don't know if its anything to do with the gfx card but it takes a couple attempts to turn my new computer on now and to get any visual output, though the fan on the graphics card is on and on the processor, etc.

Has anybody else had any problems with overclockers and does anyone have any idea what the problem might be with my new computer.

Cheers in advance!
Matt Saunders

Iv had no problems with overclockers although many have, there was even a site dedicated to mocking their employee's. I would RMA the card call them up get an RMA number and send it back and get a replacement.

sorry for not putting my other specs, i was all typed out!!! :)

Asus P5B Deluxe (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Dual Core E6400
2G Corrsair Ram XMS2
26" Samsung HD TV
500w PSU

Everything works fine once its actually working fast with no image problems. Though last nite i did restart the computer and as it was loading windows (the black screen with the bar moving) my screen went all funny (a bit like when you don't have a tv signal) but more electrical looking, if that makes sense.

I had to reset the pc and then it was ok!

Overclockers have in my experience been the most helpful company for returns.

Most recently they swapped a PSU round for a better one, when the PSU came with a case (didn't haev to post that! :p ).

I chose not to go eVGA (despite the hype) for BFG, as I know they have a UK number and support will be good. Leadtek second.

BLOODY_BRUM_BAS said:
sorry for not putting my other specs, i was all typed out!!! :)

Asus P5B Deluxe (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard
Intel Dual Core E6400
2G Corrsair Ram XMS2
26" Samsung HD TV
500w PSU

Everything works fine once its actually working fast with no image problems. Though last nite i did restart the computer and as it was loading windows (the black screen with the bar moving) my screen went all funny (a bit like when you don't have a tv signal) but more electrical looking, if that makes sense.

I had to reset the pc and then it was ok!

i had the same problem when i first installed my x1900xt.. it gave me weird colors and such (as a tv would) right after the windows bootup screen... did it for about a week and then stopped?

Well I would be pretty pi$$ed of as well. If i were you demand your money back and go buy a Quality brandname such as Gigabyte, Msi ect

That really sux what happend :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom