Blocking startup programs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
they won't make a program to automatically block startup item for reasons I already stated.

EricB said:
tea timer or kaspersky lab A/V. you don't want a program that completely blocks all startup items, because most program will add a temporary startup to clean their install files out of the computer and blocking them will cause the programs to not act correctly

here is the perfect example. I use to block almost everything. I blocked musicmatch's clean all temporary files upon reboot startup item (which was in startup for 1 time only). well musicmatch would work and I couldn't undo (teatimer doesn't have an undo feature). I eventually had to do a system restore and uninstall spybot search and destroy and then install MMJB and then reinstall spybot search and destroy (as teatimer somehow kept that setting in it's memory). I've since learn to understand what each block setting means so I can block the right stuff

you can block the msn messenger setting here too

regedit startup

go to
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre

ntVersion\Run

in your registry. this will show you the hidden program that run at startup, but don't show up in startup (msconfig). right click and delete the ones that you don't want

for all user on the computer, go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr

entVersion\Run

to delete keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom