Usb To Game/midi Port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBD

In Runtime
Hi guys

My friend gave me a gaming steering wheel with pedals. The problem is, It has a old school 15 pin connector(GAME/MIDI PORT?)

Can It be adapted to USB?

If so, Is this what I would need?
http://www.jdr.com/interact/item.asp?itemno=USB-GAME
usb-game.jpg

If that's ^ what I need, Can I skip the adapter, Cut off the old GAME/MIDI PORT and Hard-wire a USB plug onto the steering wheel?

Yes, that's the adaptor you need.

You technically could hard-wire it, but you'd have to find a guide for how to do it.

I had needed one for a while and tried to make a makeshift cable and fried the steering wheel and port on card. I ended up finding one at my dads job by accident. Lol

EDIT- If you want I will ship the one I found to you for 5$ since those sites are a rip off.

Pepsiboy700 said:
If you want I will ship the one I found to you for 5$ since those sites are a rip off.

Sounds good:cool: Do you have paypal?

Does the adapter have some kind of processor/chipboard in it? The fact, It goes from 15 wires to 4 wires, Makes me wounder if its going to fry my mobo, When I plug it into the usb port :rolleyes: :confused:

I have never looked inside of the cable and wouldnt just incase it breaks but I cant ship till I get to my dads house on friday and he does have paypal. If you can wait till friday for me to ship/pay me then its cool. It definatly wont fry your mobo, i tried it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom