is this a good plan?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

j12

Daemon Poster
at a local retailer near my house, they are selling a core 2 duo e6300 with the ECS P4M800PRO-M (V2.0) Socket T (LGA 775) VIA P4M800 PRO Micro ATX mobo.(http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813135027) for 179$ which is a good deal. but the cpu is a bare cpu which means no HSF. if i get an aftermarket HSF will the cpu be just as good as a boxed cpu? will the bare cpu be a slightly "worse" cpu than a boxed cpu?

i plan to upgrade my current rig thats in my signature. since i have AGP right now i plan to keep it until DX10 comes out. i have about 300$ to spend on upgrading my comp. the mobo+cpu combo is a good choice for me because the mobo is agp. so i want to get the mobo+cpu right now, keep that until DX10 comes out, then get a new mobo, new pci-express vid card, and 2gbs of DDR2 ram. hopefully when DX10 comes out i will have enough money for the ram vid card and mobo. so i was just wondering if this plan is good?? if you think that i should change anything please tell me!!! i also want to keep on a budget. i dont plan to go "all out" like get get the x6800 or 2x7950GX2 in sli.

^^^^^^^^^^^WTF is that supposed to mean.^^^^^^^^^
did you post in the wrong thread or something??????

Theres no difference between OEM C2D's and retails... just retails come with the heatsink (which suck)... so get the Scythe Katana, or Katana CU.

i already have a Freezer 7 pro so i plan to use that for my c2d.

Also my C2D is an OEM, and that freezer 7 pro will do a good job cooling yours too. My OEM has a flat Internal Heat Sink, but alot of folks with retails have been noticing that theirs are concave... you can tell by looking at the edge of the IHS, if its bent at a sharp almost 90 degree angle, then its flat, if it has rounded edges, most likely its concave.

i was just curious, where did you get your core 2 duo and how much $

Microcenter, August 5th for $379.99 no tax (GA tax free weekend) I know that sounds like alot, but if you saw what newegg and other places were charging for the e6600 on the week of the 7th, then I got a good deal. The price was $460 I think on newegg.

yeah i was hopin that frys would have the e6300 with a crappy ecs mobo for 179, i saw the deal the other day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom