Need help, New Computer wont boot

Status
Not open for further replies.

kipz

Beta member
Hi, I just put together my computer and it won't boot. It is a E6300 the mobo is p4m800pro. It turns on ( all the fans and lights are on) but the monitor isn't getting any signal/ My video card seems fine, its all connected. Something i think might be the problem is that the mobo has 24 pin connecter but my PSU is only 20 pin. Please, i need help.

sorry man .. i have no idea !!
i dont know why i posted a reply in the first place :D

You do not need the extra 4 pins. They are simply for stability.

Make sure you have the ATX12V connector plugged in. This is a small 4-pin connector that plugs in somewhere around the CPU, or in the middle of the motherboard usually. It will have two yellow wires, and two black wires.

Other than that, make sure you have the power cord plugged into your video card if it requires it. Look for a place to plug in a cord on the back of your card, or read the manual if you are un-sure.

The ATX 12V is plugged in, my video card does not require a power cord. I was looking for anything else that might be a problem, I noticed that i did not plug the cpu fan in the cpu fan plug just into the system fan plug. Could that be a problem? With my fan i had to plug it in that way since the cpu fan plug on the mobo is 4 pins and the plug on the fan is only 3 pin.
Edit: I just noticed that i could plug my fan in, there is just 1 pin sticking out. Still not working, but i can hear it making a "chirping" noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom