building high perfomance non gaming system

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom_85

Beta member
Hey guys, Ok im building a computer that has to be VERY quiet and mainly used with audio production, so I have been looking around at different forums and what not researching and this is what I have come up with.

Now I already have DVD drive a couple hard drives a specialized soundcard monitor mouse and keyboard, so I donÂ’t need to buy them. My budget is around $AU 2000. I will go higher if needs be, but that all depends on necessity.

Ok this is what im considering thus far:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
4 x 1024 ddr-2 533 ram (Audio production needs heaps)
400+ GB HD (perhaps 2) Upper market brand 7200.10 16mb Cache
Antec Solo case. $134.00 www.antec.com/us/product...php?ProdID=18500
Zalman 460 Watt Quiet Power Supply (I donÂ’t know if that psu has to much or to little power for what im using it for.)
I need an ATX motherboard that pretty much has all the bells and whistles and is of high quality. Was thinking about getting an ASUS P5B but I think that is a bit of overkill since im not overclocking.

And finally I need help getting a graphics card, now I wonÂ’t be doing much gaming but I would like for the option to be there, I was thinking of spending no more than $150 tops on a Card.

I donÂ’t want to over clock, but I want this computer to be upgradeable, wouldnÂ’t mind getting 1 of those Intel quad cores next year when I could pick one up for a song, so I will need the appropriate motherboard/cooling/psu etc.

Any ideas, thoughts or opinions will be greatly appreciated.
Tom

go for antec powersupply instead of zalman's. get around a 500w psu.

oh yeah and welcome to Tech Forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom