help, rundll.exe has no association

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
"C:\windows\system32\rundll32.exe

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel."

Pretty much nothing works beyond loading windows and internet explorer. It all happened after installing Norton from norton's website but something went wrong. I can't uninstall norton though.

So what can I do? Or am I screwed?

i'll assume your using xp, if worse comes to worse, windows xp cd has a repair feature....it will repair all of xp's default files but will retain all your files and settings

you said windows and IE loads...can you access most things in it? if so i'd go to regedit in runbox and remove all registry files associated to norton by using search function, then trying to delete the norton folder itself in the programs folder, also open msconfig in runbox and remove antyhing associated to norton...gl

I can't open the run command. It just gives the same association error. I can however load safe mode with the command prompt.

just try to remove norton as much as you can, especially from startup/services and programs folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom