seagate barracuda or wd caviar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hazza

In Runtime
hi guys, yet another question. im looking for a new hdd and am stuck between 2. the Seagate Barracuda sata2 160gb, and the western digital caviar sata2 160gb. they both are 7200rpm and are pretty much the same price.

ive read reveiws and they all say they are about the same.

so what do you think? opinons? any horror stories where they have died?

i need help to choose which one!

thanks

harry

I have both (a 80GB Seagate and a 250GB WD.)

The big question which one. They are both as good as the other. None have a fault. My 80GB is a bit loud, but it isn't located in as secure place as my WD.

My original Seagate 80GB caught on fire when I put it in a PC that had a cheap PSU - surge took out 2 cathodes and made a cool flame like gas. Not the fault of Seagate - who replaced it in 5 working days with sending it to some 3rd world country.

I have three Seagate hard drives and one western digital. They all work fine I canÂ’t tell the difference. But I would still go for Seagate because they have a five year warranty.

My original Seagate 80GB caught on fire when I put it in a PC that had a cheap PSU - surge took out 2 cathodes and made a cool flame like gas. Not the fault of Seagate - who replaced it in 5 working days with sending it to some 3rd world country.

LOL!!! i remember that Trifid. something along the lines of "ummm can a splitter fry a hdd :amazed:?" "no, why?" "well my hdd caught fire".

personally i am a WD fan as you may have noticed by my sig (also am running a second 250GB WD in here now too and another 120GB in my XBOX). i've found generally they are cooler, cheaper and make less noise. the general quality of Seagate and WD is pretty much on par though Seagate are said to have a lower failure rate.

I've got about 9 HDD's between 2 PC's and they are all 7 are seagate, 2 are WD. They are both equally as good in the desktop market. Flip a coin and pick one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom