<1500 Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubs

Solid State Member
Hey everyone, Ive been ghosting these forums for a few days now and everyone seems helpful so I thought I would post myself for some.

Basically Im a gamer and Im playing on like a 3 or 4 year old dell...thats just not cutting it anymore. Im getting like 20-40 fps in counterstrike source. With a bunch of new games on the horizon Im thinking it may be time to upgrade. Im a gamer but I guess I couldnt be considered a computer savvy person. When I look for parts I get lost and dont know if everything is compatible so here i am.

What Im asking is for some of you guys out there to give me suggestions on decent gaming rigs around or preferably below 1500 if possible. I dont need the best computer on the block, mostly this will only be used for Counterstrike Source and games on steam.Also for Music and movie storage and internet use. Again i want to stress i dont have alot of time for games right now being my senior year in high school so ill probably just be sticking to source, music, movie computer. I mainly just think its time to upgrade. Vista ready would be something im looking for too.

in short:

-better fps, all settings on high, hdr for source
-fast multitasking
-room for storage for movies, music
-overall fast computer - im tired of waiting for things to load

build ur own i am sure someone could give a good list of parts 4 under ur price range

Well maybe I didnt phrase it quite right...Im not looking to buy a Dell or Gateway or something from a company. Im looking to build my own here, I would like the exp and from the looks of it I can save some money that way too.

Sorry for the confusion but yes I am looking for a list of parts

would you need a monitor as well or just the tower?

also, are you gonna be leaving your old dell intact or are you gonna salvage some parts for your new rig?

Well..would the monitor that came with my dell work with this? if not then I guess I would need a monitor as well.

As for salvaging anything from my dell...theres really nothing to salvage. Its all old by now.

**** nice setup. I like the looks of it alot. And yes the monitor is an LCD so i could stay with it for a while I guess.

Any other ideas or does aliasaid's look good for what i need

if ur thinking of taking this to college, maybe a monitor upgrade would also be a good idea. I have a 22" widescreen in my dorm, and so does one of my house-mates... and its fantastic!

Basically, anywhere between 1000-1200 will get you a top of the line machine, and that gives you a good 300 to find a beautiful monitor. just my two cents though.

I would go for at least a Geforce 7600GT for graphics, minimum 2gigs of DDR400 ram, and a dual core processor

Thank You.

Im considering what aliasaid suggested. I should be ordering the parts very soon. Can anyone comment on what he suggested. To me it looks like a great setup. I guess the one thing I could salvage from my old comp is the floppy drive. Other than that I think his setup is great.

Can anyone comment on whether or its all compatible or not. I dont really know how to tell and I would hate to get it all and it doesnt work right. Also do any of these components have major conflicting issues or do they usually work together well?

Thanks so far guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom