Bootup Problem!! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

subxuk

Baseband Member
Hi,

I really need help, purchased a intel core duo 2 e6400 processor, some gigabyte lga 775 motherboard and 1gb ram from scan.co.uk

I have tried 2 different PSU's 400w and 600w, the RAM and gfx cards in a different machine and they all work fine. However I get this problem:

Whenever i connected just the 12x2 molax power cable to the motherboard the gfx card fan and cpu fan spin fine but nothing boots up, then I realised i need to put the ATX 12v 2x2 power cable in too, when i put this in the cpu fan and gfx fan both spin, then stop then spin etc as if the motherboard is switching on and off. there is no display obviously, i hav shortted the CMOS, reset the battery etc and i sent the cpu,mobo,ram back to scan and they tested it and said its all working fine! Am i doing something wrong? the 2x2 ATX 12v supply near the CPU seems to be the problem. What could be causing it to swtich on and off considering have tested everything else except the mobo and cpu in a different machine?

hi, yes it does, it requires the long 24 pin (12x2) and also in the manual it requires the 12v ATX 4pin (2x2) power plug plugged in. its when this gets plugged in it just refuses to bootup and fans keep switching on and off.

when i take the 4pin out and leave the 24pin one in, the fans start spinning and but nothing comes up (as u wud expect as ther is not enuff power). u think it cud be the cpu?

btw its from a scan bundle, so all the cpu is correct for the mobo and ram is correct 2.

thx for the help!

there might be faulty capacitor(s) on the motherboard, they might not be poping up but dead.
try giving the mobo back if its still under warranty

hmm yeh swot i thort, dodgy mobo or cpu, the warranty ppl tested both n sed its fine tho wish annoyed me a lot! cos its not! i think they do sum crapy barebone test on it hear a beep and write it off as ok. they dnt try and make it boot or nething argh

i hav short temper so if i where in ur situation i would take that mobo and shove it to the technicians face and tell him to test it in front ur face, tell him this **** doesnt want to boot and that u want a replacement if they say the mobo is ok
because from wat u said it should of worked!

yeh i wud love to but ther miles away, they arent testing itproperly. neway im lukin at a new cpu and mobo kit now, got a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom