I broke my PC...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trifid

Fully Optimized
Well king of...

On the PCIE slot, there is a clip which you twiddle with to release the graphics card, well here it is now:

clip.jpg

Oops. :eek:

Anyway, now my graphics card is held in place by the PCI screw. :/

In the process of doing that though, I am going to have to RMA my second ATI card (out of 2) becuase they never work! :angry: (This time the PC would not restart - works great with my card in.)

/rant.

maybe he means the screw that screw the card to the case (the slots on the back of the computer...)

Ohh, okay, I thought you meant you stuck a screw in on the motherboard where that little clip thing is that holds the video card down. I was about to LMAO at you for screwing a screw into your video card and wondering why it was broken. :p

Trifid said:
Well king of...

On the PCIE slot, there is a clip which you twiddle with to release the graphics card, well here it is now:

[image here]

Oops. :eek:

Anyway, now my graphics card is held in place by the PCI screw. :/

In the process of doing that though, I am going to have to RMA my second ATI card (out of 2) becuase they never work! :angry: (This time the PC would not restart - works great with my card in.)

/rant.
wait, so the PC works, but just doesn't restart?
that's most likely a motherboard problem.

The General said:
Ohh, okay, I thought you meant you stuck a screw in on the motherboard where that little clip thing is that holds the video card down. I was about to LMAO at you for screwing a screw into your video card and wondering why it was broken. :p

Lol, no not quite. :p

The PC has never done a restart. Updated BIOS, no. Tried RAM, no. New PSU did help as it sometimes didn't boot on first try. Graphics card made it perfect. Did loads of restarts (uninstalled drivers.) Everything works. Also it does a beeeeep beep beep during restart before it stops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom