help i need a notebook with socket 423

Status
Not open for further replies.

blade2006

Solid State Member
i have a pentium 4 1.7 ghz chip wich is socket 423 that was given to me i would like to put it in a notebook did they make many that were socket 423 if i can find a cheap one on ebay with a much slower processer then i could just swap it

brand names and build years would be good thankyou

you will have a lot of trouble finding any socket 423 hardware as it is quite rare. not only was it not sold in great volume but it only lasted about 5 months from memory before being replaced by s478. besides, by this point in time the s479 mobile socket using early Pentium M's/Pentium 3's had already been established. i don't think there would have been many, if any s423 laptops.

that chip is crap anyways, makes no sense to be lookin for a laptop just for the sake of using that chip... unless you pay under $100 then i guess that would justify the purchase....

well i was planing on spending less than a hundred but concidering that my girlfriends brandnew 1.5ghz celeron powered notebook cost 600 euro i figuered i t cant be to bad , as it is a p4 but then i again why it has to be better than no chip at all

but that is probably a Celeron M, based on the Pentium M Dothan or Yonah Core Solo. there is a BIG difference. if you can handle a massively long read you could check out the guide at the top of the building, buying, upgrading for high performance pcs section. that might give you an idea of the difference. i'll put it this way. a Pentium 3 1.3GHz is probable equal to or better than that P4.

thanks nitestick that was a real help at least when it comes to the numbering systems of amd chips .ta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom