monitor problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

monitorproblem

Beta member
It appears there is some kindve white dot on my monitor. The monitor is a viewsonic flat plasma screen.

The dot isn't too noticeable, but if the background is all black, you can see it. I've made totally sure that its not a glare, a stain/mark on the monitor or anything of that sort. It appears to be actually inside the monitor, and has a faint white line behind it.

Is this normal with plasma monitors? Is there a way to fix it? I've tried memory recall/refreshing the screen but its still there. It doesn't bug me a whole lot, half the time I can't even see it, but its still there and im wondering if theres a way to get rid of it.

By the way the dot is not a perfect circle or a graphic animation, it looks like a big grain of sand.

Thanks

the little dot is caused by lack of phosphorus in that particular spot of the monitor, there is no way to fix this as far as i know

with plasma monitors there usually are some defects image ghosting, caused by use of phosphorus in the screen, and poor text representation.

in my opinion LCD and CRT will give u a much crisper view (picture)

Thanks i'll check that out. I notice it has an irregular appearance, its there and then its gone....it happened on someones blog, they had an all black background, but when I shrink their page its gone. Maybe its an illusion of their page but I don't think so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom