summer cooling problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
Hi, i just got 2 more fans for my computer, a new PSu, and some AS 5. I have it set up as 2 80MM fans in the fron as intake, and an ultra 5.25in bay freezer, with the fans reversed for intake. i have a TT smartfan II on my HS. I have 1 80MM fan blowing out, an ultra pci slot fan thing, and my PSU has 2 fans. I don't have enough money to get water cooling, let alone get a compressor. my CPu is really hot(in the BIOS, at startup it went to 50 C the soyo hardware monitor says 44 C external, which is 10 C less than on the Die. ( all those temps are while im typing this) I was wondering if there is anything i can do, short of getting an air conditioner, that will make my cpu temp lower? it is like 80 to 90 F here in NH as i am typing this( and yes, it does get hotter). I was just wondering if what you guys without water cooling do during the summer, I may get an A/C unit, but i just bought a car, and am a little short on $$$.

if it is like 80 to 90 F there than i wouldn't complain about 50C. you need to think about cooling yourself more than your PC. is it really 80-90F in your room? do you have A/C in your home? i'm more worried about you than your PC overheating.

lol, i was just wondering what ppl with air cooling do, i am currently on the second floor, and heat rises............. I will probably get A/C, but again, was just wondering what other ppl do in the summer. the worst part is, my parents wont pay for the elecricity used if i get an A/C unit.

My brother has an AMD and it runs at about the same temperature, so I wouldn't worry about it. What is the temp at full usage?

I don't really play any cpu intensive games, i play mainly americas army, which is 3d intensive, a RTS game/ a game with high graphics and vehicles(like halo, UT2k4) would those be cpu intensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom