Building first gaming pc, Optical drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhpb

Solid State Member
Does anyone have reccomendations on an Optical drive for a new pc. I'm on a total budget of about 1600. In the magazine I'm reading they used a Plextor PX-740A. I saw some that were 30 dollars with high reviews, but I'm going to be gaming so I don't know what to use.

Thanks.

turtile said:
NEC 3550A - You can get it for $28 w/ shipping on Newegg sometimes.
This is what I have, pretty good choice. I actually would have preferred to get a Plextor but when i got my pc built there weren't any in that price range.
That said it really isn't going to make much of a difference. Plextor, NEC, and Pioneer are all good. I don't like Sony drives, though. I've dealt with several and I've never known them to work well more than 6 months.

jorsoft03 said:
This is what I have, pretty good choice. I actually would have preferred to get a Plextor but when i got my pc built there weren't any in that price range.
That said it really isn't going to make much of a difference. Plextor, NEC, and Pioneer are all good. I don't like Sony drives, though. I've dealt with several and I've never known them to work well more than 6 months.

Same one I have (Silver)... excellent model and company. Don't get a Plextor Sata optical drive (waste of money).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom