Onboard Sound Vs Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
I am bulding a new computer soon. I am confused, what diffrence would it make if i purchase a sound card or if i just use onboard sound?

my onboard is just fine for me i got it with a 5.1 edifier soround sound set and the quality is amazing i think u might just get a litle fps increase with a card

there is a slight improvement in FPS due to a little processor being freed up. most onbaord audio controllers are software controlled so use some processor power. a good sound card has it's own sound processor. the only real improvement (depending on how decent the onboard sound is) is perhaps additional features and less electrical interference.

it depends......are you happy with the sound quality? if so and it does all that you require then no it is not really worth it. if you think the sound is poor then sure it is worth it. don't buy one for an improvement in FPS. the improvement wouldn't even be noticeable to the eye, only on benchmarks/FPS recordings

Onboard sound should be fine, if you're rolling w/ a Core 2 Duo, or an AMD X2, onboard sound isn't really going to affect CPU usage. Get a sound card if you play games like BF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom