Specs for friends computer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt bother with that soundcard... just forget it and upgrade something else or pay smoe of the shipping on it. then later get something more worth while

What is your friend planning to do with this computer? That would help us determine if it is suitable for his/her needs.

With a quick glance over everything looks compatible, but you could do better.

He looking to do some slight gaming, like world of warcraft and such...but the thing is, is I;m trying to keep the price below 600$ because he is tight on cash.
See he just moved into his dorm at college and he said there isn't **** to do and he doesn't have a computer so he is looking for one that can do some gaming but mostly just chill.

motherboard
CPU
Hard Drive
Video Card
Video Card option 2 (If you don't like mail-in rebates or you wait too long)
DVD RW drive
RAM
Case w/ good PSU
PSU option 2 (if you don't like the antec case, then get any cheap case and this PSU)

This computer will be better that your original build. A faster/better CPU, larger SATA hard drive, better video card and a reliable PSU. It's not DDR2, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.
Total = $570 (without shipping)
This doesn't include an OS, monitor, keyboard or mouse, as I assumed that all you need is what you originally posted.

The Video card's Mail-in rebate is good till the end of this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom