Inspiron video card upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rypeters5

Beta member
Hey,

I just bought a dell inspiron 6400 duel core 1.77 ghz, 1GB RAM, 80 gb hard drive, hd sound card and a integrated intel 945gm video card. I am trying to play some games but the video card is pretty terrible... the games freeze often and say they don't support the card. I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my laptops card to a better one. I'm afraid that its one of those that can't be upgraded... Thanks in advance for your help!
Ryan

rypeters5 said:
Hey,

I just bought a dell inspiron 6400 duel core 1.77 ghz, 1GB RAM, 80 gb hard drive, hd sound card and a integrated intel 945gm video card. I am trying to play some games but the video card is pretty terrible... the games freeze often and say they don't support the card. I was wondering if it is possible to upgrade my laptops card to a better one. I'm afraid that its one of those that can't be upgraded... Thanks in advance for your help!
Ryan

well buddy you bought a notebook, were you planning on gaming with that? because that was a bad choice...you can't install a video card into that. sorry.

aw will thats probably for the better since i'm in college. I should focus on my work anyways. I'm not really a hardcore gamer anyways. Maybe my next computer I'll deck it out a bit more.

Somde Dells can be upgraded yes unfortunately not this one. That intel integrated graphics stuff isn't very good to begin with and it can't be replaced as it's not an actual card, it's built right into the mobo. For your next laptop make sure you get an actual gpu from ati or nvidia and with dedicated memory rather than shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom