Computer won't boot :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
bah.. i'm so sad.. i got my converters today... and i plug up my psu... and guess what... the computer won't turn on...

i don't know what the problem is...

i've already tried putting in one thing at a time and it always does the same thing. It turns on for a while then shuts off... i've tried both a 520 and 450 watt psu and both have failed.... i don't know if its the cpu or the motherboard.. i've tried with and without the video card ram and hard drive..

i really don't want to RMA but if i got to i will....

if anyone can think of anything i can do it would be appreciated... i'm gonna be computerless for a while as well...

and can i send both cpu and mobo at same time, because i'm not sure which one is the defective unit

well whatever i shouldnt expect to get answers at this time of night.. i've already placed an RMA order for the mobo.. thats what i get for wearing shoes and socks while touching a mobo.... ive gotten away with it so many times!! lol.. i guess not this time

it can still have something wrong with it though..
I went through 4 Pentium 3 motherboards one time. one of them still worked but kept crashing for a while before it died.

gaara said:
If your board was dead the computer wouldn't turn on

with the way i had my hands all over the back of the motherboard to get the heasink on.. i wouldnt doubt that would be the problem... i was wearing socks and shoes as well....

and if there are any suggestions i still havent turned the board in yet.. i'm still waiting to ship it out.

But the computer would turn on for several seconds then shutdown... then it would boot itself back up again

maybe the converters i got were bad.. i dont know... but i'm ordering the thermaltake toughpower 650 watt this friday and that psu already has the 8 pin... hopefully everything goes well next week..

hrmm... are there any other causes that coulda done this.. to make it not start?? psu maybe..

well anyway, i just ordered my 680watt psu.. 46 amp 70% effeciency... its got 8 pin on this one, hopefully it was a psu problem so i don't have to rma... i will wait until monday when my psu comes in before i ship it out... and when i get my new mobo if my cpu still isnt working... then it may be my ram or cpu.... what a horrible process of elimination

well after doing some more testing with the new power supply.. i tried everything.. and the computer no long did the on and off part when i took the cpu out.... soooo, looks like gaara may have been right.. its not the mobo... so imma try rma'ing this e6600 first.. hopefully i have it by friday :( ... we will see!

Could be your motherboard, some the recent MSI motherboards have issues with voltage overprotection.... Atleast the K9N series of boards do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom