amd4000+vs4800+x2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
looking at my cpu specs i noticed they were the same as a 4800+x2 so if my theory is correct in a single threaded process my cpu should run just as fast as the 4800+x2 we both got 2.4ghz
1mb l2 cache
so its basicaly trhe same cpu just single core

second my friend sold me thsi cpu and when he went up to a 4200+x2 he lost fps so would my theory above explain y

Windows sucks at load-balancing. That is the only issue here. Try to set everything but the game's "affinity" to core0 and the game to core1. May help.

The General said:
Windows sucks at load-balancing. That is the only issue here. Try to set everything but the game's "affinity" to core0 and the game to core1. May help.

Where would you set that?

No, because with an Athlon 64 4000+, you have that one single-threaded app running on the one core, but you also have all your system processes. With the dual-core all the system processes could run on one core, and the single-threaded app on the other. This would mean that the 4800+ would be faster.

Both cores of the 4800+ and the 4000+ both operate at 2.4Ghz...
So as far as Clock SPEED goes, they are the same.

But, since the 4800+ has 2 cores to handle the same work load as single core, even at the same 2.4ghz... it's not faster... it's more efficient per work load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom