Specs

Status
Not open for further replies.

btilus

Beta member
I'm looking at getting a desktop computer; however, i'm out of the loop as of late and I don't know what I should be getting. I will be doing a bit of video editing, working with graphics programs such as adobe illustraitor and photoshop, and also creating websites using dreamweaver. I guess my question is, what do I need in a computer to be able to do these tasks and run these programs without problems? I am a college student with a somewhat limited budget, but I was hoping to find something in the $600-$700 range. Any advice about what I would need or definately not what to do would be great. Thanks, Brandon

First of all, would you like a custom-built computer that you have to build, or something like Dell or HP that are pre-built?

I will give you a list of parts. If you dont want to build it the email me... My emails in my sig... $600 - $700 will give you a pretty good system, I will try the hardest to get the best parts for the price...

Cpu: Intel Pentium 4 531, Prescott, 3.0 Ghz, Skt 775 - $95
Mobo: ASUS P5GPL-X Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 915PL ATX Intel Motherboard -$67
Grahics: Gigabyte Geforce 7300Gt, 256Mb, 128 Bit, DDR2, Pci-E - $82
Ram: Ampo 1Gb, DDR 333/Pc2700, 184 Pin - $70
HDD: Seagate Barracuda, 160Gb, Sata, 8Mb Cache- $56
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5, Black Steel, Mid Tower - $45
Psu: Thermaltake TR2 W0070 ATX, 430 Watt, 155/230v - $35
Mouse & Keyboard: BenQ Black Wireless Kb & Mouse - $29
Monitor: Jetway M1731S-S, 17" Silver LCD Monitor, Built in Speakers - $120

Toatal $687

This is the complete package... If you bought this pre-built you would pay something like $1000... Nothing else is needed. Everything is here. OS,Keyboard and Mouse, Speakers (In monitor)

All this information was found on www.newegg.com

Have a happy and safe build :)

Yea it will do just fine for video editing... It has a good video card... well what do you suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom