HDD Going Slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stevo808

In Runtime
This month is going bad for me with my computer. First i find out my video card is not working so i think the AGP slot was defective so i buy another mobo which was stupid of me because the video card was defective not the motherboard so i bought another mobo for no reason, but that problem was solved already.

Anyway my HDD seems to be running very slow. I just reformatted the HDD and i scanned my computer with mcafee, bitdefender, ad-aware pro, and spyware doctor and registry mechanic. Nothing works. Is my HDD bad? or just getting old and breaking down?

u can defragment ur HD to fix fragmented files, or u hav bad sectors on ir HD
i dont know wat kind of HD u hav so these programs should help fix problems:
Fujitsu ATA Diagnostic Tool 6.61
Fujitsu SCSI Diagnostics 2.6
IBM-Hitachi Drive Fitness Test
Maxtor Powermax 4.22
Maxtor SCSIMax
Quantum Data Protection System
Samsung Diagnostic (SHDiag)
Samsung Drive Diagnostic Utility (Hutil)
Seagate SeaTools desktop
Seagate SeaTools entreprise
Western Digital Data Lifeguard 5.04f
Western Digital DLG for Windows 1.07.01

Its a western Digital, for some reason i couldnt defrag my computer with O&O Defrag on safemode but ill try one of them software your showing me. Ill check it out when i get home.

stevo808

many people including couple of my friends have problems with Western Digital if u gonna plan to buy a HD go for Maxtor they last long and, they're reliable.

sylwek said:
many people including couple of my friends have problems with Western Digital if u gonna plan to buy a HD go for Maxtor they last long and, they're reliable.

Are you out of your mind? Any experienced member of this forum will tell you to avoid Maxtor drives like the plague. Western Digital and Seagate make much better hard drives.

And even more experienced member will tell you that all hardrives are hits and misses. :p jk Im not saying Im experienced. I have a Maxtor hdd and I love it. Ive also had maxtor drives that I hate same with Seagate and WD.

ya wat he said my seagate lastest me only 4 years and my older maxtor lasted 6 years and now im still using it on my new rig , im not sure about Western Digital tho.
ey i might not be an experiance member but Maxtors work for me best

Yeah seagates are my best HDD i ever use. Western Digital is not bad, i just reformated my computer again. I just wanted to get over with already, so far its going fast again. Not sure how long this will keep up, if it does this again i might just buy another HDD. I was planning to buy another one anyway. Thanks for all the help guys!

Stevo808

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom