cheap build for my dad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
ok so my dad want a new comp he wants to go intel and wants duel core i dont think he woukld need a core 2 duo i was thinking of a cheaop core duo and ocing it ive herd that one of them can be ocd to 4.1 gig standard cooling and it only goes up to 40 and stays stable

he also want like a gig of ram i said he wouldnt need it but he wants it anyway i dont know much about lower end builds h just wants it to burn monie cds and ocational gaming he only ever plays age of empires 3 now heer is teh catch he needs it for 700 with a monitor and os thats where i need ur help oh and thats canadian dollars

Thats a pretty tight budget to work with. I use Canada Computers for general hardware here in Ontario (if you know of some other more affordable stores please tell me!!). For the proc you looking at around 240 for the 1.8ghz one, mobo lets say 260 bucks, video card lets say another 150 (if all he plays is aoe3 then thats fine), Antec case with psu around 120, dvd combo drive 50, hd another 100 dollars, memory another 200, xp home 100, and 200 minimum for a monitor. Now add that all up. Its like double your budget :p

You probably could get something for around 700 but under that is hard with a dual core proc.

PS whats your dads username? Id like to play him sometime ;)

he has a hd drive allready and he only needs 1gig ram and hel probably get value ram and he likes thermal take alot and for vga he dont need anything special lets say a 6600gt

a pox on Tom's hardware, they've created a monster with that article about the Pentium D 805.

you are probably referring to the Pentium D 805 and it would not be a good idea to get it based on the assumptions made in that article. for a start 4GHz required water cooling and the instant you factor that in it becomes a waste of money. for the cost of the 805 and water cooling you could get an e6300 which at stock speeds is more powerful than the Pentium D 805 at perhaps 3.4-3.5GHz. when you consider the fact that you should be able to overclock the e6300 to maybe 2.6GHz on stock cooling and that nothing from the Pentium D range could out perform it at 2.6GHz i think this would be a better option.

A 700 dollar budget with a monitor... that's a really tight squeeze and you don't need a harddrive.. that could work, except it's canadian.

Honestly, you're going to need a bit more money..

well maybe hae can take my old monitor and il buy a new one

and yues its 4.1 gig on stock cooling it was an article on toms hardware they even tell ui how to do it but u do need to volt mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom