Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Model: e6400
Motherboard: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Vcore: 1.50v
Cooling: Stock HSF
Stability: Somewhat, crashes every so often.

This is the fastest I can get it, tried upping the vcore with no go, tried lowering ram freq., no go. Probably need better cooling.

Big picture is here

lol ... the fastest I can get my E6600 on this new motherboard is 2.7Ghz. But the board is 20x more usable than the other, regardless of its lack of overclocking performance.

SpikedCola said:
Model: e6400
Motherboard: Asus P5N32-SLI SE Deluxe
Vcore: 1.50v
Cooling: Stock HSF
Stability: Somewhat, crashes every so often.

This is the fastest I can get it, tried upping the vcore with no go, tried lowering ram freq., no go. Probably need better cooling.

Big picture is here

It's gotta be your ram, what do you have? Probably DDR2-533, right?

So is 667Mhz memory no good for overclocking past 2.6Ghz? I'm aiming at overcloking an E6300 to 2.6Ghz with Corsair 667Mhz 4-4-4-12 memory. Do you think it's possible?

The General said:
banana.gif
banana.gif
banana.gif

Why didn't anyone tell me to up the voltage? I was being so skimpy! It totally solved my stability problems, Now I am stable at 3.4ghz! I just need better cooling!

Hey first of all very nice OC! and i would like to know how your windows looks all shiny and where did u get the skin/theme

Thanks

Alright, I've been having trouble overclocking lately..
Just in case you have sig's turned off, I"ll post my info

Model: E6300
Motherboard: DS3
Vcore: Stock
Cooling: Stock
RAM: DDR2 533

Ok, so here's the problem. Everytime I go to overclock, even if it's something small like 100mhz, it will boot, work just fine, but if I go to restart it wont post and then my computer will be back to stock.

Last night I had it OC'ed to 1995mhz, ran dual prime over night, everything was fine when I came back, so I decided to go and OC some more, but it didnt post after I restarted my computer go get to BIOS.

The BUS was at 285, so that shouldnt be that much of a push for my RAM. I once had my computer running at 2.3ghz just because I was getting a little crazy with overclocking right when I got it, it ended up posting, worked just fine, played some games, but again, didn't post upon restarting.

I'm not sure what's up with this.. I have the latest version of BIOS, just FYI.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom