custom build

Status
Not open for further replies.

werdna35

In Runtime
OK, so I decided that I am going to do a custom build computer for my brother from Monarch Computers. Basically, someone recommended Monarch because I can do a custom build for him and so he can get the customer support and all that. His budget is $500 American dollars for the build. It's not a gaming laptop. He wants it for playing movies, burning DVD's, internet (surfing and online poker) and for work, so MS Works would be needed. Can anyone help me out with a build that would suit his needs? Thanks!

for 500... Good luck. you might be able to come upnwith something for say... 600.00 but it's pushing it even with Monarch... Cheapest I saw was 558 and that had no video card, or PSU... that was a barebones system...

Dont Listen to Nukem... if you build it you can get a decent system...

Cpu: Amd Athlon 64 3500+, 2.2 Ghz, 512Kb L2 Cache, Skt 939 - $91
Mobo: MSI K8N Neo4-F ,Socket 939, NVIDIA nForce -$65
Graphics: Zogics Gf 7300Gt, 256Mb, 128 Bit, Pci-E x16 - $79
Ram: Ampo 1Gb DDR 333/Pc2700, 184 Pin - $69
Case: Apex Pc-336, Black Steel, Mid Tower, With 350 W Psu - $29
HDD: Western Digital 120 Gb, 7200 Rpm, 8Mb Cache - $55
Optical: Samsung 18x DVD-R Burner, Ide - $30
Keyboard & Mouse: BenQ Black Wireless Keyboard & Mouse - $29

All this information was found on www.newegg.com

This System is very good for the price... It will do everything brother will need. It will also run games fairly good... Good luck :)

Umm... as stated from MONARCH COMPUTERS he would be hard pressed to get one for 500.00 Take a good look at the website first before you make assumptions. Monarch prices are pretty goods, but when you buy a built system (SO YOU CAN HAVE THE WARRENTY) then you run into some pricing issues. Monarchs value systems are decent, but they will run you over 500.00

Now if he would have said to BUILD a system I would have probably done the same thing that gmanych did and recommend parts, but since I read the post and looked at MONARCH COMPUTERS website, I said what I said.

So take it for what it's worth, but this is a forum... You can either take someones advice or not... your the one spending the money, not me.

I could just build it, but its not for me, its for my brother. He is quite anything tech related illiterate and so I want (and he wants) to have the tech support but I don't want him to get stuck with some hunk o' junk Dell, so that is why I decided on Monarch. So he could have a good build and the support.

Nukem, he isn't much a gamer, so he wouldn't be needing a very good video card. If it can play the Sims and other games with comparible graphics req's, that would be fine. So I am assuming onboard graphics would suffice. Basically, he wants it for day to day multitasking type stuff.

cool.... but even with an AM2 value desktop:

NO OS
basic warrenty support
Sempron 3400 (with fan)
and the other items...

was still 603.00 and climbing with labor, etc... yes you can build one cheaper, but like you said... need the support to go with it... So with that said, maybe an HP system would be a better thing for him. intigrated video would play Sims (I would think, I don't play it) and would have the dvd burner, etc... that he wants. but please get some other thoughts from people about it... I am only one of many... but Monarch would better if you/he has a little higher budget.
Just my thoughts...

I guess I should have specified that it is 500 for the computer... His total maximum budget is 700 but I took out the 200 for factoring in labor and shipping and stuff. So all said, it would be 700. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom