plugging in headset...hate the reach around...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris32680

Baseband Member
alright, no dirty 'reach-around' jokes ;)

i just bought a headset/mic for my wow guild's vent server. the headset has a mic and a headphone input and my computer only has a headphone input on the front of the case. if i ever want to use the headset,i have to pull the computer out of the desk, unplug the speaker wire and plug in the headset headphone wire.

i had hoped that the two connections from the headset would allow me to leave the mic plugged in on the back and reach the headphone connection to the front, but no such luck. its too short.

does anyone know of an adapter or anything that would help solve this 'problem'? (i know its not a big deal...just annoys me to have to pull the pc out of its hole to plug in speakers/headphones.

well, i don't think my speakers do...and even if they did, i'd still have the same problem. if the headphone cord can't reach around the front of the case to that headphone jack, it surely won't reach to the speakers.

thanks for the thought though.

Hello,

...Just use a 3.5mm phono extension cable / headphone extension cable...

b00009v6qr01a1ndbs7ygopbd6sclzzzzzzzdf7.jpg

Then you can plug the extension cable into the speaker port on the rear of your PC, and have either the speaker jack or the headphone jack plugged into the female end of the phono extension cable. The speaker cable will also have to be long enough.

If you don't want to constantly unplug and plug the jacks, you could invest in an audio hub / phono switch...

ah011nn5.jpg

...It lets you plug in various 3.5mm inputs and switch between them without having to unplug and plug jacks. The main mic and speaker / headphone cables on the hub are long, and can be split, so you won't need a 3.5mm phono extension cable. However there aren't many around...

...You can get it here: http://www.zipstorage.com/muauhub.html

You can get a little USB Sound card. It plugs into a USB slot on the front of your computer and then you plug your microphone and headphones into it. You can also get something similar which is a cable.
You can Google it for a picture since I tried to attach a picture but it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom