Xp wont boot or restore.. Please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haze4Dayz

Solid State Member
Have HP xe734 with 333ram windows xp pro on comp. I got this webcam 2 days ago that I tried to install without drivers from cd ... Didnt work and it didnt install. Then when i plug it out comp restarts. It got to the blue screen where it checks stuff for errors then freezes from there ( you can tell its frozen because the windows xp sign in the corner goes blurr plus it never moves). So on the second restart i let it run and this time it doesn't get past the windows xp black screen with the blue loading bar. Now im in safe mode and i tried to restore to a better day. It loads then restarts and it gets stuck again at the evil screen. Can anybody help me?

bump....

Any ideas will help... dont have restore disc and dont wanna rid my computer of its files. Will a boot disc work?

you can call up HP support or goto their website and order a restore CD. i would call them up even if you are not under warranty still. you must save your files to CD's, another harddisk, another partition/drive on the same local hard disk, floppies, zip, ect before you use the restore CD.

if you want to not lose your files without backing up data first you need to have a winXP operating system CD. install the OS and do not choose to format when installing, this will simply overwrite you OS files and leave all other files intact

Thanks for the help. I installed xp and it helped my problem... Now i have another one. After I installed xp i cant find my taskbar. It seems the taskbar is on the right of the screen but i cant get to it. My cursor goes all the way to the right but i cant drag and pull. I thought it might be the extended desktop thing but I cant even disable it. Any help Tech Peeps?

probably need to adjust the monitor. go into its onscreen settings (little buttons on the monitor) and adjust it via size until the screen fits nicely. Ex, adjust width and heigth as well as the verticle and horizontal position. Once thats done just drage the task bar back to the bottom.

Didnt seem to work for me Killians. I think its because of the extended desktop option on the desktop settings. How do I disable this if this is the problem?

oh, just right click empty area of the desktop, click properties. that'll get you to display properties. then goto setting then advanced. in there click on displays tab then remove/disable the secondary monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom