I need a new PSU, help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks.

I was researching this Ultra PSU, and I read about how a lot of them have burnt out and caused some computers to...fry. Apparently, that was when Ultra was with a different supplier, and they were cheap parts.

This has really scared me from getting this PSU - because I already have a crappy PSU, I don't wanna spend money on another crappy one.

Basically, I will be totally happy with an Antec or other solid PSU, but the Ultra one just looks AWESOME!

I'm still not sure though, which sucks, because I'm buying one today.

I would really be interested to see some voltage/amperage data from people whom own one of these Ultra PSU's.

With A REAL DMM under some kind of load, Like playing FEAR maxed out or running SETI/F@H while running Prime 95. Something like that.

If the Voltage/Amperage data is well within Tolerence and it is consistent for everyone who owns one, then I will yield and add given power supply to reccomended list on these Forums.

Results while not under any kind of load would also be beneficial.

wow someone recomending apevia, well ive never seen the top model do bad but i really never seen any opinon, im not saying its funny im just wondering why it has never been talked about.

i know over 100 is kinda stupid but for like $150 they have the QUAD rail, quad sli(though some say its not seperate rails for two and two sli but hey, who the f*ck has quad sli), thermaltake toughpower 700w and its modular. i guess i would go with hyper if i were you

WOW THAT SITE WITH THE CALC SAYS I ONLY NEED A 248W PSU, my comp used to blue screen when i used my cathodes and one day i unplugged them and it was fine, not one screen after.

my psu is that $40 neweeg thermaltake 430w braided, but many say its 300w, 430 peak
im just saying i wouldnt trust that site, but theyre right its the amps on rails that matter i guess

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom