zeros to hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

laybac

Solid State Member
Is there a way i can write zeros to my hard drive to compleatly remove everything, then reinstall windows ME -- and that be the only thing on the hard drive till i install other software after?

download MAX Blast 3 utility or go to the HD Manufacture Website and download a utility

you don't need to zero fill your disk t do that. just use a winME startup diskette and run FDISK. delete all partitions, remake new partitions to whatever you need, and format each one with FAT32. for help with FDISK or format goto www.computerhope.com . if you need a winME startup disk goto www.bootdisk.com

i actually went ahead and did write zeros to my hard drive. Now im free of all problems and my computer runs much faster.

dbernie41 and lazerman did you two use a win98 or winME startup disk and type "fdisk/ mbr" at the command promt (a:\) like microbell suggested?

You do know the information 'shadow' is still there even after you overwrote your bits to it?

I have a fourteen pound File crusher in me shed :)

there is a quick format and a full format
the quick format deletes what's in the index but not the actual data, so the drive appears empty.
a full format deletes the index and the data so the drive is fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom