Getting my IDE hard drive to show up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Well Im using the DFI lanparty Ultra-d, and the hard drive is a 160 GB Seagate IDE drive. I have 2 SATA drives and one DVD-RW hooked up via IDE.

The Jumpers are set to cable select on the Hard drive and I plug it in and I cant get it to show up under disk management.

might it be dead?

Yes It spins. I cant hear it, but when I put my ear directly on it I can hear a low humming that im almost positive that its that.

Last Time I used it, it had a corrupt windows XP on it and I want to gather all my data off it.

Do I have put it in the freezer with a zip lock bag overnight or what.

:confused:

Lord AnthraX said:
Yes It spins. I cant hear it, but when I put my ear directly on it I can hear a low humming that im almost positive that its that.

so did u hear it or not? because u said it spins but u cant hear it, but when u put ur ear on it u can hear a humming ?????????

might be a dead ribbon cable (IDE cable) try getting a new one for like $3 bucks.

Well that is what im not sure of.

I'm no IDE Guru but its one IDE end into the hard drive, and then on in the middle connected to nothing, and then into the second slot of the IDE port on my Motherboard.

EDIT: I just rememberd do I have to plug in a 4 pin power connector or not. I was told not to do this with SATA and I figured the same for IDE.

the blue end goes into the mobo and the very top one (black) goes in to the HD, the middle one goes to a secondary HD(also black)

and yes u do hav to plug in the 4 pin power connector to the HD or else its not getting any power at all

im not sure about the SATA tho never used one before

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom