Getting file list to open in detail view ALWAYS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dedlos

Beta member
Hello

I hope someone out there can help with aproblem which drives me nuts!

When I'm in an application (photoshop, wordpad whatever ...) and I want to open a file the file list always pops up in icon or list view. How on earth can I set up things so that they ALWAYS are listed in detail view. It would save so much time and frustration.

Many thanks for anyone who can put me out of my misery.

cheers

dedlos

PS I'm using XP sp2

right click, view details, then go to folder options, view, apply to all folders

if you use ccleaner, it will wipe those settings out unless you uncheck custom files and folders

Thanks, WM, but no joy. Windows explorer works pretty well and only very occasionally will it show icons rather than details of files. The problem is when I'm in an application like photoshop it always shows thumbnails when I click on open file and I'd much rather it showed the files in detail view. Similarly when I click on file/open in wordpad it always shows the files in list mode rather than detail mode (it also defaults to *.doc when I'd much rather it was *.rtf - again I can't seem to do anything to change this!).

Thanks for trying to help.

rgds

dedlos

Thanks, Law. I guess I 'd better go check out a photoshop forum. As regards wordpad, if anyone does know of a way to alter the default setup (via the registry if neccessary) then please, please spill the beans.

Thanks again & cheers,

dedlos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom