Serial code can i use twice leagaly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
so i got windows proffessional cd with my code ect ect installed on my pc, can i use the same code to install it on my laptop which is myn but i use it at work???

would this get my code blocked (would fail validation test) if i used the same code twice?? how do microsoft determine if a code has been used twice/three/four times and then u fail the validation proccess on there site??

thanks

well the verification is done via windows update and u wont get caught unless u allow automatic updates just turn updates so u can view them first and once u see the update wga (windows genuine advantage) do not download and set it to allows deny this download and u can turn automatic updates on or maybe its winlogon i think thats the one my firneds and i (about 20 of us) use the same version of windows and u rarely have to dowload anything of the windows website that doesnt ge sent to u automaticaly or can get somewhere else

an51r, you didn't have to give out that much information.

06Skywalker, most of the license you retain as a home user is that you can only install it on one machine. 1 license on 1 machine.

i apologize law i didnt realize this info was unecessary i was only trying to help

an51r said:
i apologize law i didnt realize this info was unecessary i was only trying to help

Part of your info, like the part about you and your friend sharing the same copy, you didn't really need to tell us that. ;)

We appreciate your help here. TF is always looking for good members. :D

i have used a home version serial on 2 or 3 different computers and all was fine but if you ever need to reinstall, most of the time you will need to call ms to get it fixed and just tell them you had to reinstall your os for the 4 th time

__Camouflage__ said:
If you have a corperate version, you can use the same license for multiple computers, can't you?

Yes, most school districts, colleges and businesses buy these volume license that allows them to use the same key on multiple workstations. But it's expensive and any home users using it, usually mean it's stolen or leaked onto the Internet.

Law said:
Yes, most school districts, colleges and businesses buy these volume license that allows them to use the same key on multiple workstations. But it's expensive and any home users using it, usually mean it's stolen or leaked onto the Internet.

That's what I thought, just wanted to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom