Daemon Poster
Hardware:
Asus P5B deluxe Wi/fi
E6400
2x1gig Patriot DDR2 800
Enermax Liberty 500w
Zalman CPNS9500
Cooler Master Centurian 5 case

I just went ahead and reseated the zalman heatsink and applied arctic silver 5 thermal paste. Yes I used alcohol and got all the old paste off. The zalman is faced the correct direction.

At 3.2ghz and running prime95 I'm up to 57C on one core and 53C on the other. Now I realize the arctic 5 has a 'burn in time' but I was really hoping to be in the 40-50C range full load.

Anyone else having these problems? Think the Mobo could be overstating temperatures?

I'll wanna push it past 3.4ghz though. And I have, I just backed off cause of the temp issue.

I see other people reporting lower temps - I'm a little confused, I think I'm running hot.

I would just revert to stock settings entirely and compare those temps to other people stock temps. Some people could have different oc settings at higher speeds causing temp fluctuations.

Pepsiboy700 said:
I would just revert to stock settings entirely and compare those temps to other people stock temps. Some people could have different oc settings at higher speeds causing temp fluctuations.

thats a really good idea, establishing a baseline is something I should have done before oc'ing.

You're in arizona. Ambient room temp plays a big role in the temp of your computer, so take that into account as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom