Back Tracking windows updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

06Skywalker

In Runtime
a friend of mine has given me his laptop and he wants me to uninstall certain windows updates. is this possible if so how? thanks guys, also how can i tell what update is what?

Thank you

EDIT:

looking in add/remove programs i can uninstall the hotfix files but not the genuin advantage which is what needs removing untill he sorts his OEM out

Call Microsoft and explain your situation, if it isn't anything illegal, they should be able to help you. Why do you need to uninstall the WGA, only reason I can think of is illegal copies, that and if you transfer that license unlawfully to another computer <---that you need to call Microsoft.

If you changed your motherboard, certain hardware..you might be annoyed by the WGA, if it's still legal..call Microsoft.

if u just want to disable wga if that is in fact your problem u cant uninstall but u can download autoruns from http://www.sysinternals.com/ and this will show u all programs started by windows and u can de select wga and it will be like it was never there

the annoyence is unbelieveable like every 5 mins it will say something like "you may be subject to fraud" ect ect

Thank you anyways

that may also be caused my something faulty with this os. Ive had this happen to me at work and my serial is legit.letme look in a log from hijackthis

Sometime WGA will report that your key is illegal even though everything is being conducted legally. This is when you call Microsoft. I've seen it happen at my college, then it dissappear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom